Driving the ecosystem towards economically feasible zero-carbon fuels
Engaging with fuel producers and other ZEM ecosystem players in accelerating the development, production and infrastructure of zero-carbon fuels. The possibilities include biofuels, ammonia, hydrogen, and hydrogen derivates as well as carbon capture and storage and utilisation (CCUS) to produce synthetic fuels.
Main objective: Find the most suitable Zero Carbon or negative carbon fuel possibilities considering the available engine technologies, fuel production.
List of important research topics:
- Develop carbon capture, storage and utilization technologies especially to carbon neutral fuels resulting in negative carbon footprint
- Green hydrogen production technologies with lowest possible levelized cost
- Green ammonia production technologies with lowest possible levelized cost
- Hydrogen carriers for easier storage and transport
- Alternative feedstock for biofuels (liquid and gaseous)
- Blending of bio and synthetic fuels